WRITE ON! CONTEST 2021
Deadline April 1, 2021 extended to MAY 1, 2021.
- 3 Categories:
- Non-Fiction (1500 words max)
- Fiction (1500 words max)
- Poetry (1 page single spaced max)
- Fee per submission (one story or one poem) $10 RCLAS members; $20 non-members
Annual RCLAS Membership $35 a year.
- 1st prize – $150, 2nd prize – $100, 3rd prize – $75 (plus 3 honourable mentions) per category
- Maximum three submissions per person (in any one or all three categories).
- Winners and honourable mentions published in RCLAS E-Zine, Wordplay at Work.
- Previously published work accepted as long as author retains copyright.
- Past Write on! Contest winners/honourable mentions: DO NOT resubmit winning story or poem.
- Non-winners/non-honourable mentions may resubmit story or poem.
- Cover letter to include Name, Address, Email, Phone, Category, Title, Payment option (see below).
- Blind judging (submissions to judges are anonymous).
- Submit entry as a Word Document (Font Times New Roman, Size 12)
- DO NOT Include your name or identity on your word document. Double check and delete “author” in your word doc file properties. This is important.
- Current Board Members are not eligible to submit.
SUBMISSION and Payment OPTION 1:
To PAY: Use the PayPal link found on our website www.rclas.com
EMAIL entry and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (THIS IS NOT OUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT)
(DO NOT mail in your submission. Poems and stories will only be accepted by email.)
For further information Email: email@example.com
Please pay your entry fee by either using the Buy Now Paypal buttons below or by mailing your cheque or money order to:
Royal City Literary Arts Society
Box #308 – 720 6th Street
New Westminster, BC V3L 3C5
RCLAS does not accept e-transfers.
ALL writing entries with a cover letter must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your PayPal payment here, if you are an RCLAS non-member:
Make your PayPal payment here, if you are an RCLAS member:
For further information email writeon at rclas.com